Tuesday, October 31, 2017

TAROT Blog Hop - Samhain/MidFall 2017, Le Roi est Mort, Vive le Roi!



Hello Everyone, 

I am happy we have Blog Hoppers' Time again! I am a bit tired, probably like many of you, and indeed, this year has been very intense so far - and it is not over yet. Last year, the Halloween Blog Hop was about Messages from our Ancestors, this year, as a continuation of that occasion, we were offered a topic by our gorgeous Wrangler and Cat Herder Extraordinaire, Jay Cassels about where we have arrived since last year - our own personal progress, development and understanding, by a single or a three-card spread. 

The topic is Le Roi Est Mort, Vive le Roi! (The King Is Dead, Long Live the  King!), Death, Birth & Rebirth, the cycles of life. I am going to use my tiny bit scary, but wonderful Ludy Lescot Tarot

But before I start, I would like to share with you something that has come in my mind when I was wondering about the topic of this Blog Hop. Long ago, when I was a university student, we had American literature seminars for quite long, and once we were supposed to read a short story by Joyce Carol Oates - I am not sure if it was optional or I was lazy to read it, I cannot recall having read it, but I can very clearly recall its title on the Reading List: Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been? 

Probably this will be the most perfect thing to read at this Samhain - in the company of my pumpkin lantern, and something in me tells me this story will give me answers to some of my questions I have been dealing with for long, and all in all, what I personally feel about this Samhain is that for me, it is not just this year that has been so much of great importance, not just what has been transforming in and around me since last Samhain, but probably for the last two decades even. We will see. But now let us see what the Ludy Lescot Tarot tells me.


For the Present, in the middle, I have got the Seven of Wands - self-defense when actually there is no danger, yet we feel it is better to pull back a bit and protect our own self, our own energy-field, mind and soul, and yes, this is how I actually feel. I have pulled my energies back to myself even from friends for a while, from Facebook, from all sorts of social activities - except for the Tarot People and those who are very close to me. Magic is happening in the meanwhile, I can very clearly sense that, though sometimes I get a bit scared of what if I am going insane. I know I am okay, just yes, indeed, the Veil is so-so thin, and I have problems with grounding myself. I am better at handling my social ties - even if it means pulling back. But it is a must when we split apart if we cannot protect our energy-field. 

The previous card, on the left, from where I started and what has led here, it is the Queen of Cups - also true. For me, this card means healing (ourselves, first of all, but it is also true that we heal by healing others). In the Waite Tarot, the Queen of Cups has crystals at her feet, too - often, I was working with crystals during the past year, still do. What has changed in me regarding the Queen of Cups - I think I am finally really more mature as compared to how I was. I have had so many motherly roles, too, and I feel more mature as a mom, as well. I know the Queen of Cups is just part of our whole feminine self, and I am not sure if I could make a list of importance of more or less important aspects or roles - it must be balanced. I think we constantly have to work on all of those aspects, but yes, for this year, the Queen of Cups-aspect was the most important and influential one. 

And where I am going, on the right - this is the Six of Swords, which in the Ludy Lescot Tarot differs a lot from the Waite-depiction. I prefer this one, to be honest. I am ready to face new difficulties, and I do not want to push my head under the sand when problems arise - we must solve them and life without problems would definitely be boring. Maybe. :) What catches my eyes in this card is the rope-lemniscate at the feet of the guy in the card: infinity, endlessness, and for me, it is a very positive thing, even if it also refers to the endless up and down cycles, as well. But we are endlessly guided, supported and protected from High Above, too. If this guy is waiting for the ship to float in, or he is waving goodbye, or he is asking them to come and pick him up - I cannot decide and do not want to. Ships are coming and going, and we can be passengers or captains. It does not always depend on us, I know, but in an optimal case, we are the captains of our own life-ships. This is what I believe in. What Ludy herself writes about this card in the LWB is this: 'The voyage begins in the mind and ends in the body. The first step already takes you far.' I truly believe in it. 

Okay, I am off to carve my pumpkin. Thank you so much for reading me, see you next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment